Monday, July 16, 2012

Speaking in Love or Just Telling it Like it is

There was a movie with John Candy entitled "Only the Lonely" where Maureen O'Hare (who played John Candy's mother) was always "telling it like it is." The problem was that she did so whether it hurt others or not...often the former was the case. She would point out "short comings" or "faults" of others that they were certainly aware of, but she had a talent for knocking people off their feet in so doing. She would leave them devastated and reeling from "just telling it like it is." While comedic in the movie setting (for the most part), it is not when we encounter it in our daily lives. Is there someone in your life who makes you feel like you are never quite good enough?

I would have to ask, "where is the love?" While speaking the truth in love may help someone to better understand themself and assist them in growing, "just telling it like it is" without regard for another's feelings is not love at all, but rather mean spirited and unkind. I am so grateful for our amazing Creator who tells us that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made...and that my soul knows it full well."

I am so glad that God believes in us and administers words of healing, and that He has taught us how to recognize those in whom we can trust with our heart by how they cherish and recognize that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. I am blessed each day to be told how much I am loved among other uplifting, wonderful things that help me to bloom in this world. It has not always been so...there have been times when I was so low, another "telling it like it is" from someone "close" to me would drop me. I pray in those times for you that you are able to draw from the rich resource of the Word and be washed over by the truth - that you are indeed fearfully and wonderfully made and that your sould will shine forth welling up from inside so that you DO KNOW IT FULL WELL.


Enjoy your day, indeed the week, and may God bless you and show you who "tells the truth in love" and who does not not in your own life. I am praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...