Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gratitude in the Midst of the Heat


The heat is on this week with record temperatures that can wear on us physically and emotionally, but the morning brings a new, bright and amazing day filled with opportunities that can only be realized with the passage of time…. And time only comes my way but once, so I will endeavor to live this day well with love and kindness.

Truly, there is eternal value is in the way we greet a stranger, treat a loved one or a not-so-trusted one. The “things” will pass away, but our spirits remain.

I received this message on a calendar given to me by my friend, April. It is written by Thomas Chalmers.

Live for something…Write your name in kindness, love and mercy on the hearts of thousands you come in contact with… You will never be forgotten.

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Colossians 3:12
So today, put on your best clothing - compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience and go out to meet the world. Perhaps in this wonderful frock, we will be quick to give thanks, to love, listen and show mercy. I'm praying for success in the attempt, but I know if I give it over to God, He is able and I am able through Him.


Let's go change our world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...