Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Grateful for Groanings & Great Friends

Of late I have become painfully aware that an event over a month ago has left a gaping wound in my heart. I've tried to forgive - indeed know I must - but the pain comes back full throttle every time I see those involved. For them maligning a friend seems to be all in a day's fun. While I was not at the event, I feel as though I was nearly drowned in the waves of the ripples that flowed from their not-so-idle gossip. I know it affects my demeanor and I certainly am not overflowing with the love of God toward them. Ugh!! I've come to the point where it is a struggle to even pray about it. I am, however, grateful - so very grateful for the Holy Spirit that dwells within, because as I cry out, He intercedes on my behalf...
In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; Romans 8:26

So, tonight I will pray - again - for resolve, for the ability to forgive, for truth to shine brightly and God to transact business with my heart for only He knows the hearts of all involved and God changes things.

So grateful...incredibly grateful for the dear, trusted ones of my life...my fellow sisters and brothers in Christ Jesus. You make my heart well up with joy at the thought of you and your witness. Thank you - for I do continually praise my God for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...