Monday, September 21, 2009

How do you see others & self?

Over the past year, there has been an addition to my face - reading glasses. After a full day in front of a computer working on documents my eyes would become “fuzzy” when trying to read. Eventually I found myself seeking my reading glasses early in the day as my eyes became “fuzzy” and reading was difficult. Now, more often than not, I am wearing my reading glasses from the start of my day on the computer.

While my eyes may be becoming “weaker” in some areas, it is my prayer that they will remain strong in their ability to see others from the inside out. The beauty of other people that shines through in their graciousness, kindness, friendliness, etc. I hope I always enjoy “lovely eyes.”

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.

Audrey Hepburn

I challenge you to use lovely eyes when you look in the mirror as well for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7b That person in the mirror is often unforgiven, underappreciated and harshly treated (by self) as we fail to administer the same the grace, love and compassion that we show others.

So smile at the person in the mirror and those whom you are in contact with today. Look for the good in someone in whom you’ve found it difficult to find before and smile as you see anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...