Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Strength and Rest

Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

How I have needed those words of late...to know from the core of my being they are true and that I can count on that truth with greater certainty than the ticking of the clock brings comfort. Each day of the last week has held for me news of another illness, hateful act experienced, death, or despair of those I hold dear in my life.
What amazing instruction and assurance from our Creator. We have but one thing to do...to use our will to decide to believe. To choose not to be dismayed, to thank God as we receive His strength and for His help and to rest in His hands. It is a choice. Will you choose to believe, to be strengthened and rest in the His righteous right hand? Or will you choose to dwell in the muck and mire that may consume you?
I choose life. I am so very grateful for conversations with friends, for the honor and privilege of praying for and learning from them. I am so incredibly grateful as I am inspired by those around me who don't even know or realize in their humility that they are an inspiration. And I am grateful to my Lord and Savior for the blessings in my life that I have only begun to learn to fully appreciate. Join me...take courage for our God is with us. He will strengthen, help, and hold us up with His perfect, holy hand.
Make it a grateful day!!
Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...