Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Blessings in the Midst

Today the clouds formed billowing into the sky...the wind came up, lightening pierced the sky and scent of water permeated the air. I've always loved a great storm, but admittedly, am not so fond of them in my life. But there in the midst of the wind, a tiny, exquisite hummingbird came to drink from one of the trumpet vines that grace my backyard.
hummingbird at trumpet vine.jpg
It was as if a lovely gift was being handed me in the midst of the storm. A blessing as plain as day that brought joy to my heart and ministered to my soul. It brought the same lovely warmth to my soul that this word given by a friend brought. John 16:33 "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
Indeed, He has overcome the world and sends gifts in the midst of our tribulation to remind us of that very thing. I am so very grateful for the amazing gifts of hummingbirds so small and heartwarming, the very blooms upon which they come to rest and the wonderful friends who share their stories and the Word to renew and encourage my soul.
What surprises did God bring to you today? What blessing did He write your name upon? Did you smile and say thank you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...