Sunday, May 6, 2012

Recently we received challenging news in the work place. There were different reactions by different people and some were crankier than others. There was one individual whom had rained on many a parade throughout the week, robbing some of victories and creating avenues of doubt and confusion for others. As I was becoming a bit unnerved at their unkindness, God reminded me so faithfully that I had not been praying for that person. I had not been asking God to soften their heart that they might be able to receive the love of God and kindness and love of others. I confessed this failure and sin of not praying for those around me in earnest, but only those prayer requests that had been presented to me for prayer to a trusted believer and we agreed to pray for those around us with greater earnest.

How can we expect to effect change and turn the tides toward love and gratitude, if we don't first prepare the way for it's receipt? As I pondered on this and began to pray more completely over the weekend, I was convicted again as the words of my daughter came to me. (God has often spoken truth in love to me through her.) She said, "Mom, you can't expect someone who doesn't show fruit in their life to do as God would have them do. You just have to pray for them." She is so wise.

This week I start a new... prayer list, new attitude, prayed up and filled with love for those around me that I and they might be healed and together we might accomplish much. I invite you to join me as I pray over this mailing list and include those God has placed upon my heart (along with those requests that come my way).

Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. James 5:16 I can't wait to see what God does!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...