Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Living on Purpose

Some time ago I chanced to speak to a lady who was heading out on a cruise the following week. As we spoke she indicated to me that this was a trip she and her husband had planned to take, but, alas, he died two months after a cancer diagnosis several months ago and so now her daughters would be accompanying her. She continued to say that they had been married for 53 years at his passing. You could see in her eyes that she was looking to another place and time as she lamented, “where did the time go? We had 14 years of retirement together. But, my time has just flown by. Where did the time go?”
 
Today, my friends, is again, a new day. We have the opportunity to make this day different from the rest… a new day to work on how we will be remembered. Are we living our lives in such a way as to make each day count? Are we living “on purpose?” I aim to. I want anyone who knows me to be able to smile, even chuckle, when they remember me…. as a character, an encourager, friend and lover of life and those within it.

So today is my opportunity to smile – and no matter what the day brings – make it count – ON PURPOSE.

 You gave me life and showed me kindness, and in Your providence watched over my spirit. Job 10:12 NIV

Today - let's show kindness, laughter and the light of love that comes from our Creator – remember that a smile can change your whole day – and someone else’s at the same time.

I can almost see your sparkling smile now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...