Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tired? Focus on the Truth

Lately some "bug" has been making it's way through our office and I have been waking a little “under-the-weather” with wishes of remaining in bed for a few more hours of rest. I find myself slow to move and – as I have found – also more susceptible to
negative thoughts and words followed by the sting of regret for having allowed a momentary lapse in the guarding of my mind and sometimes even my tongue. OUCH!

It is too easy to allow the negative to creep in, especially in this trying economic climate where tension, fear and doubt seem to hang in the air and the media is constantly blasting us with news of our further demise. We can often feel as though we are wading our way through the quagmire – trudging along with each tentative step in the shifting bog.

Lucky for us there are instructions as to what to do in these times. First we repent. Get right before God and our peer(s) and move on to … whatever is true, whatever is honorable,whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. (Phil. 4:8)
Truly – we must dwell – live in the midst of and fill our mind with those things that are true,honorable, right, pure, lovely, of good repute, excellence and worthy of praise. It changes our face, step and very essence as we do so. We become more approachable, more likely to share a smile and to be a beacon for another whose lost their way.

So today - here goes...I'm choosing to begin with my focus in the right place. Won't you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...