Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Intentions go wanting without action...

Mother Teresa said, "Don't look for big things, just do small things
with great love.".

Recently I learned a valuable lesson. I have always had a thing about
giving the perfect gift for an occasion or I would feel really
bad...sometimes my budget wouldn't allow me to do as I wished for
another and instead of doing what I could at the time, my head would be
stuck with the perfect gift and I would do nothing at all because it
would not meet my own expectations. I would feel awful, but more
importantly the intended recipient would feel as though I didn't care
because I wasn't there. A small thing in love would have made them feel more special.

"Do what you can with what you have where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

"...if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2b

You see, no one knows our intention unless we act. That person you've been praying for could use a kind note or word from you. It's only then that they even know you care, that you're in their corner and supporting them along the way.

So today...ask God to bring someone to mind that needs an act of kindness and act.

2 comments:

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...