Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The familiar...




These are familiar sites for me – along Lake Tahoe. They make me smile and it’s almost as though I can feel the sun shining on my face – the cool mountain air dislodging my hair enough to cool my neck.

Familiarity rests within our heart and is brought to the forefront when we see, hear, touch or smell something from our past or the joy of our heart in the present.

For me – my present is wonderful – a place where I love and am loved – my cup runneth over. When I view these familiar sites I am welled up to overflowing as they blend with my state of being.

To know and be known – to love and be loved – are the greatest cries of our heart. And now these three remain – faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

Love is what makes “chores” into blessings to another. Love is why we hold onto someone dear shivering with fever with no regard for our own health. Love is what gets us up out of a comfy embrace to fetch a glass of juice or water for another…to do the mundane so that someone does not have to. It is love that never fails.

So in this new day … eyes twinkling bright with the love that fills your being - let it shine. Speak to another with a smile and let them feel familiar… loved.

I am so grateful for this new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...