Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Saying Thank You

As 2010 comes to a close.. I'm reminded of those who've helped me through challenges and cheered with me along the way. As I replay those scenes in my mind, I'm also left wondering if I always remembered to express my gratitude to them. GB Stern said, "Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone." While I am experiencing a warm fuzzy feeling in remembrance of the blessing, assistance or surprise, did I tell the person who bestowed it upon me that they had blessed me?

So as I thank God ... as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers (2 Timothy 1:3), I also need to simply say thank you - for those times you remained when others walked away, for blessing me with your words or silent presence in the midst of the storm, for reminding me of who I am in Christ when I forget. Are there "thank you"s outstanding in your world? Do you need to say out loud or by note or deed "thank you" to someone who's blessed you and doesn't even know it?

Make today that day...and might I say - thank you. For each of you has blessed me, encouraged me, and helped along the way. May God bless you abundantly today as you go forth with intention to bless another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...