Friday, December 3, 2010

Be Still.....and Exalt.

Just hear those sleigh bells jingling ring ting tingling too. Come on it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you ...... Well there isn't any snow on the ground here, but I sure do love that song. In fact, I've included the very version I grew up hearing in our home for your listening pleasure. It may not feel that jolly or ring ting tingling for you today.... I know a loved one was discriminated against in such a way this week that it took all I had to "Be still and know that I am God," and to remember the rest of the verse "I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." (Psalm 46:10)

While clearly there are injustices in the world - some vague and behind closed doors - others blatant and painful - we must remember that ultimately, God is in control and He always prevails. We may not always see it, but we are assured it to be true. Then we must remember the remainder of the verse and that [He] will be exalted among the nations, [He] will be exalted in the earth." That exultation takes place everytime we stand in the face of unrighteousness and love, everytime we give respect and dignity to another and even when we shout glory in a hymn. While I've included a "fun" song, I've also included one that I hope blesses you greatly and causes you to pause and praise. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFcm4VoS_-E&feature=related I hope it inspires you and the Spirit wells up within you to change this day to be one of joy - regardless of your circumstance - and one of gratitude as each blessing flows through you as you give yourself to the moment and the glory.

God bless you greatly today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qBEXubFGxw

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...