Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tenacity & Joy

Yesterday I read a great story. I think it's who I aspire to be...tee hee.... about a 63 year old woman who had been found (after five days) stranded on a river, her little inflatible fishing boat stuck to debri from a storm. Her son's comment to a reporter a day or two after she went missing was that "she's probably out somewhere she shouldn't be." And sure enough, in his opinion, she had been - out by herself fishing on the river. I admire her tenacity and spirit. She was a bit weather worn and dehydrated but was fully recovering and I'll bet she'd be so fun to know. I wonder if she used to have a partner in crime (like Lucy had Ethel).

I can think of many an adventure with friends or family where we laughed so hard at our predicament that we could not stand or in one case, see for the tears from laughing so hard. I hope you can, even now, cite one of those times and revel in the joy of it. It's the same joy, I believe we can bring to this world every day...the same joy that I pray you experience from God.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)

So, as this day unfolds - reflect - enjoy and project the joy of this life in the midst of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...