Tuesday, August 4, 2009

You are known and you are worth it

Sometimes there are periods in our life where we feel we are a burden to those around us. We can’t seem to see our own value and stumble into self pity, fear and our confidence plummets. It actually changes the way we see everything and the energy we send out. If we are not careful the spiral can be like a tornado swooping down and laying ruin to our self esteem and swathing a path of injury and even destruction through our relationships.
Lucky for us there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. (Prov. 18:24b) O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psalms 139:1-6, 13-14)
Who are we to argue with the Creator? Read it as many times as you may need to bring your head up to face the newness of this day. For He knows you beyond measure and better than you know yourself and still He has called you wonderful. He has made you perfectly and uniquely you. Just let it soak in. For me there is always a flood emotion and it overwhelms me to be known and loved so deeply and fully.

I hope as this week meets its midway you are able to refresh, rebuild, and renew.

I thank my God every time I remember you – Philippians 1:3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...