Monday, August 17, 2009

Take A Step Toward Hope and Joy

What a wonderful weekend. Wonderful time spent "back to the basics" enjoying simple and wonderful activities. Joy found in polishing, driving and simply spending time with friends. Yet, even in the comfort and joy of great company of new and old friends, I found that I was awash in fear when an innocent idea was presented... it took me back to a time in my life where fear ruled and I succumbed to the "what if"s. Ugh!!! My mind raced, and as I found by a loved one's question, my demeanor immediately changed. I had no idea that what I believed to be my "hidden fear" was so visible. During a time in silence, I found "my knees" in my heart and addressed the fear, hoping the damage in it's revelation would be minimal. While it's clear there are some scars still painful to the touch, I start this new week with great hope and joy. What a privilege and joy to be able to count on our instruction manual for guidance - if I only trust. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)

This week I will resolve to trust more fully every day and move forward in joy and hope overflowing. Let's have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...