Thursday, January 26, 2012

Blessings Bountiful Anew

There was a man named Jabez, who was just an average man, but his prayer was noteworthy - enough so that he is mentioned only this once in scripture.

"Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!" So God granted him what he requested. (1 Chronicles 4:9-10)

Does your heart long for blessings? Would you bless others with the outpouring? God's favor upon you.... Do you understand that God is waiting to bless you - to pour out blessings that would spill over not only upon those you seek to bless, but those they seek to bless as well?

I once knew a man who asked "why doesn't God make me wealthy? I could give so much to this cause?" It wasn't long after that that you could find him complaining that he was NOT the recipient of a "free hat" that was reserved for the cause volunteers. He went so far as to boast that he was a donor and deserved one. I don't think he understood how loudly his actions spoke that day. His answer in plain view for all to see, but lost on him.

And so, today, I ask God for His blessings, to enlarge my territory to bless, for His hand to guide and direct my path, that He would keep me from evil that I might not cause pain.

I do not measure the blessing in dollars and cents, but rather in love and kindness...let's make Jabez' prayer our own that we may be a blessing indeed here and now. You can start with a smile and twinkling eyes, a "thank you" or "God bless you." I'm going to.....I'm looking for yours! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...