Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Day - New Morning - New Life

Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.
~ William Ward

I love to watch the Ironman Triathalon in Hawaii. My favorite part is actually before the race begins when the commentators highlight the lives of some of the competitors. There is the cancer survivor who decided after winning one physical struggle, they would take on one they had control over. There is the father/son team who've been racing together for years - son in wheelchair due to a degenerative disorder - father dutifully - even joyfully pushing him along the way. There's the accident victim who was riding his bike one day in preparation for his next race, hit by a passing vehicle and now competes as a paraplegic. Their stories are so inspiring and cause me to wince with shame at excuses for not accomplishing some of my own goals.

It is a good reminder to me to “Do all things without grumbling or disputing; so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain.” Philippians 2:14-16

As the new dawn appears, with it's brilliant light, I too can rise and start again in the morning. All things new again. Join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...