Monday, January 9, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude - True Friends

I had a wonderful weekend filled with the joy of good friends, family, food and faith!

Richard Exley says, “A true friend is one who hears and understands when you share your deepest feelings…. A true friend prods you to personal growth, stretches you to your full potential. And most amazing of all, celebrates your successes as if they were his/her own.”

It is always my joy to share in good news of successes of friends and my privilege to share in praying for difficult situations and in hearing the “truth” that only a trusted friend can give.

...There should be no division in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is honored, all members rejoice with it. (1Corinthians 12:25-26)

I am so grateful today that I can rejoice in good news! While today may hold it's challenges, my joy in sharing in answered prayer this week is great and will remind me that God is indeed in control.

Let's create a legacy of love as we share in each other's joys and carry them as we share, too, in their sorrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...