Monday, September 17, 2012

Attitude - You Already Measure Up

Please take a moment to sign up for the blog. http://gratitudeattitudetoday.blogspot.com/
Nicole Nordeman sings wonderful, soul-touching songs that speak to so many of our our heart's cries - part of one of her songs ....
It's a fear that keeps me wide awake, In the middle of the night
When the expectations are too great and the bar gets raised too high.

So I do the best with what I've got And hope that no one knows
That I strain to see how high I can Try to stand on these toes
Until I'm measured, but you know better

So thank You, Jesus - Even when You see us just as we are
Fragile and frail and so far from who we want to be
So thank You, Jesus - Even when the pieces are broken and small
Dreams shatter and scatter like the wind
Thank You even then
I can relate to standing on my tippy toes to try to measure up, and having failed (at least my own expectations). I can feel consumed with sadness, fear and a horrible resolve that as a failure, "it will always be this way" when in fact, every day is filled with new opportunity.
22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23)
I can stand today knowing that I am loved and this is a new morning - fresh, clean and full of opportunity. We never have to fall into "it will always be" when we are promised otherwise each new day.
Enjoy a great new day and the song.....
Of all the "attitudes" we can acquire, surely the attitude of gratitude is the most important and by far the most life-changing. Zig Ziglar
Make it a Great Day!! Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...