Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Let your joy be complete

Wow!! The last few weeks have held so much...great time with friends and family, hard ships and world events that have caused deep introspection - grief mixed with the inspiration to live each day full of grace and joy. The key to that joy is found in love - "If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." (John 15:10-12)

It sounds easy enough, doesn't it? Love one another. Love one another - not just in the good times when all is going well, but also in the difficult times when we fail to understand one another and need to extend grace and trust ... in love. Love even when we don't perceive another to be lovable. Love can be "holding your tongue" when another attacks. It may be "being still" while you wait upon another who seems a bit out of sorts. It may be in doing the mundane - washing dishes, cleaning, laundry, even picking up stray garbage that has blown in front of your neighbor's home. Today I encourage you to look for a way to show love to another...that your joy may be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...