Thursday, March 14, 2024



 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking it's time to move on and finally get a new tree.  I planned on getting a new tree last year as I was fairly certain that the time had come, but I think there's that part in me that is just plain being a rebel.  I miss the fresh trees we got until moving to the desert.  

Our adventures weren't quite like the Griswolds in that my father and mother were always prepared.  Maybe that's why I always felt growing up that I could do anything. There wasn't the fear that I'd be left hanging or that a mishap could be catastrophic.  I ran down the road of life taking every challenge as an assured win at the end and every sideways path as an adventure that might lead to new and amazing things.

But, you weren't raised by my parents and I know that they weren't raised in such assurances, except the assurance we can all get from our Heavenly Father - "for I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11.

Remember, whatever you are going through - whatever road or detour you are on - He's got your back and His plans are greater.

God bless you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...