Monday, October 23, 2023

Can I just say....I'm trying to do better every day.  Wow!  Just read an amazing book, "Everybody Always" by Bob Goff, which I read following his book "Love Does."  Boy, I have been inspired to love better and outside the box.  I'm thinking of creative ways I can show love in my neighborhood during these rather questionable times.  Maybe a little anonymous note left at one's door...an invitation to an evening movie in the park (family friendly)...there are possiblities that I'm sure I've not thought of, but I want my neighbors to know they are loved.

Do you know what the Goff family did?  They started a yearly parade in their neighborhood that started with a handful of neighbors and has become one of hundreds and time filled with joy, laughter and honoring one another. 



I am so grateful for him and those in his sphere who work at showing love - yes, even to your "enemies" who may not be who you think.  He's inspired me to do better - to be a better human amongst the throng.

We're called to "...love one another as I have loved you..." John 13.34  Bob Goff's book is full of examples, situations and circumstances that show us how and ask the question always, how would Jesus love this person?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...