Monday, June 25, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude - This is love.

I read an email some time ago that stuck with me. The wisdom of young 4 year old Billy in his innocence stopped me with its poignance....and importance. When asked what love was, he responded, 'When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.' Billy

Isn't that really what we all want...to know that our name is safe in another's mouth; that our absence isn't occasion for our name to be bantered about with speculation, rumor or inuendo?

Wouldn't it be great if we (believers) became known as those with whom your name is safe; that in the midst of this world we were able to convey scripture by living it out? But my mouth would encourage you; comfort from my lips would bring you relief. (Job 16:5)


Would those that know you say their name is safe in your mouth? Do our words bring encouragement and relief from the trials of the day?

Tomorrow brings a new day. I will seek to encourage and let the love of the Lord flow through me. Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...