Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude - A Little Pencil

I found this quote by Mother Teresa, "I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world." Oh, to be recognized as a "love letter to the world" because of a great, consistent love poured out upon each and everyone we come into contact with each day. Just think about that for a moment. How would that change your world: at home, at work, at the market, as you drive? I wonder - would my neighbor know a new person? Would my family recognize me? How I aspire to love unconditionally always without any expectation of return or "fairness." It is only then - in dying to self and selfishness - that God's love letter can be written upon my life and to the world. It is only then that we can fulfill 2 Corinthians 5:20, "Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God."

Those who know me, have often heard me say, if the church (we all), was being the church as intended with an outpouring of unconditional love, people would be beating down the doors to come in and be loved. I am grateful that we have a Book to guide the way that we might each be "a love letter to the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...