Thursday, December 8, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude - Being Known

“Cheers” was a very popular show in the ‘80s, now syndicated and I’m sure one can find reruns should you so desire. I would at least watch the opening because I loved the theme song…”♫sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name♫♪…”

I think deep down we all want to know others and to be known. It’s wonderful to walk into a crowded room and have people turn to say hello with recognition and warmth that can only be found in those that have some knowledge/history with you. Aren’t we especially blessed when we’ve met someone only once and upon seeing them elsewhere they remember our name? It’s just a good feeling.

Psalm 139:1-6 in part “…you have examined me and know all about me…You know my thoughts…where I go…lie down….everything I do. Even before I say a word, you already know it. You are all around me….and have put your hand on me….I can not comprehend.”

Not sure you want anyone to know quite that much? Well your creator does and He loves you and me more than can be imagined, beheld, comprehended. We are sons and daughters – princes and princesses – heirs of the Almighty. Hold your head high and be identified as such. Beautiful/Handsome, talented, gifted, loved,and known.

So, as I start this new day, full of possibilities and promise, I rise – remember who I am and again – hope to remind you of who you are.
Arise, shine for the Lord is King!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...