Sunday, November 27, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude - Roadblock or Building Block?

I am reminded today by processes and events that surround us daily, how we have the opportunity to be roadblocks or building blocks to peace, harmony and ultimately love in every circumstance. We’ve been taught since childhood that we are …to love one another. As I have loved you…. (John 13:34b-35a)

What does that look like? I believe it is a turning away from strife and speaking ill of another. I believe it is in the gratitude for this day that is allowed to flow and be passed on to those around you. Regardless this day of my own illness, injury, tiredness or sadness, I have a choice and with it an opportunity to make a difference for good this day…to live this day on purpose and for a greater purpose than mere existence.

Nicole Nordeman put it this way in one of my favorite songs – Legacy.

I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love?
Did I point to You enough To make a mark on things
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace Who blessed Your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qLL6W2-gJo

This is my goal…to leave that kind of legacy.
So, 19Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. (Romans 14:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...