Thursday, January 27, 2011

Let your light shine!

Today flying above the clouds with occasional glimpses of stunning mountain views, I was filled with wonder. There was breathtaking beauty before me for miles and miles and miles. As the sun set over the horizon, beacons of light would reveal small communities and even lone homes - oasis in the midst of wilderness. As I peered from this new perspective, I was reminded of the sea of people we live and move within and thought of those lovely people I know within it who are beacons in the storm. They are genuine, caring people whom you know you can trust - a safe harbor in the face of adversity...a friend along the way. I am blessed to have many in my life, but recently a co-worker - known for her tremendous sense of humor and kindness, delivered a card and gift as I was ready to embarq on a trip. I was so moved. She was an answer to prayer as she ministered to my concerns. I was full of gratitude for her and for God.

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:16).

It causes me to examine myself....does my light shine? Am I a lighthouse in the sea of people shining a message of hope on the way to the Savior? I'm working on it. Let your light shine my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...