Thursday, November 19, 2009

give thanks and engulf your sisters and brothers in love

Last evening on Nancy Grace I witnessed a man broken, crying out to God asking for faith in the midst of his devastating pain as he had learned that his 5 year old daughter's body had been found. He then cried out, "I know you walk with me. You never leave me." After another pause - he cried from his heart over and over "I love you Jesus." Anyone who knows me knows that my eyes were full of tears with news of his great pain, but to see his faith in the midst as he was held up by other believers - literally - was what took my breath away.

His witness was OUT LOUD for all of us to see - as was the witness of his fellow believers who held him and praised the Lord for His sacrifice for us. Oh to be in the midst of pain in soundly in His presence.... my beloved friends, let us.... Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:19–20 In this way, when we feel lost, we are whole and loved and lifted by our true family.

Please sign in to the blog and give thanks with the amazing voice and cry of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...