Thursday, October 1, 2009

You are understood

Have you ever felt misunderstood, relegated to the "back seat" and as though your words and the love, joy and admiration with which they were sent did not meet the hearer in the same way as you had intended? The backlash of such misunderstanding is always painful and finds its place in the heart to ache. I know what "crestfallen" is for I have felt that at such times. While some are stubborn and refuse to receive such love, insistingon alternate meanings to our compliment and encouragement - we are never misunderstood by God.

It is so comforting to know that our Father in Heaven never misunderstands or twists our words because He is the lover of our soul. He has (A)searched me and known me. 2)[He] knows when I sit down and when I rise up; [He} (C)understand my thought from afar. 3[He] (D)scrutinizes my path and my lying down, And [is] intimately acquainted with all my ways. 4Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You (E)know it all. (Psalm 139:1-4)

What a joy to be known to our deepest depths and loved unconditionally even with all our "warts" bared. Our God will never leave us. For he promises - I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee” (Hebrews 13:5).


Today, dear friends, I hope you can hold on to and rest in these truths. You are amazing and were created to be the best you imagine and dream to be. Count on it. Live it on purpose today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...