Friday, July 28, 2017

Be love in your world.

The heat has been on the last few weeks with record temperatures that can wear on us physically and emotionally, but the morning brings a new, bright and amazing day filled with opportunities that can only be realized with the passage of time…. And time only comes my way but once, so I will endeavor to live this day well with love and kindness.

Truly, there is eternal value in the way we greet a stranger, treat a loved one or a not-so-trusted one. The “things of this life” will pass away, but our spirits remain.

I received this message on a calendar given to me by my friend, April. It is written by Thomas Chalmers.

Live for something…Write your name in kindness, love and mercy on the hearts of thousands you come in contact with… You will never be forgotten.

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. (Colossians 3:12)

I will go forth today with this in mind… quick to love, listen and show mercy. Hopefully, I will be successful in the attempt. I know it will require that I close my mouth (and even my ears at times) and still my mind ….. But I choose to love.

Let’s change our world today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Hmmm....when your artificial tree sheds more needles than any real tree at the time of removal, there may be a problem.  I'm thinking i...