Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Restoration

 


Well, it's time for me to get out of the city and back to nature. I don't know about  you, but after a while in town, I need the respite of a place by water.  This setting came to mind as I have been reading/memorizing Psalm 23.  It's a familiar Psalm to most., often read at funerals, but it holds so much life for everyday living.  

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing, He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He refreshes my soul... those are just the first 3 verses.  Wow!  Great reminder that we don't need to worry.  God supplies all of our needs as we trust Him.  He provides the rest and refreshing as we abide in Him.  He even leads us to quiet waters, but, like the old saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."  

Maybe we need to take that drink and rest in Him, remembering that whatever comes our way, He's got us in His care.  With all of the storms that have befallen me and our family this year, He has been faithful, provided and even given peace beyond understanding when the world would have me "freak out."  Make it a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Restoration

  Well, it's time for me to get out of the city and back to nature. I don't know about  you, but after a while in town, I need the r...